Mobile devices have taken over all other forms of devices. According to Fortune Business Insights, the global Mobile Security Market Size is projected to hit USD 103.45 Billion in 2027, at a CAGR of 14.6% during forecast period [2022-2027]. Everyone owns a portable mobile device for easy access to the internet, and durability. Mobile devices include phones, tablets, laptops and e-readers and these devices can be carried from one place to another easily.
Because mobile devices have become more affordable and portable, many people, companies and organizations prefer to use them over the usual desktop computers and this makes it more vulnerable to attacks hence, the need for mobile security. Mobile security, or mobile device security, is the protection of smartphones, tablets, and laptops from threats associated with wireless computing. It has become increasingly important these days because of how accessible it can be to criminals.
These days, cybercriminals can hack into anything and everything. They hack into files, bank accounts, GPS, and Emails while retrieving sensitive information no matter how hard we try to secure them and this has led to the rise of mobile security. Mobile security is important because:
- It keeps your device safe against malware
- It keeps your device protected against external threats and attacks
- It protects sensible and valid information
HOW TO SECURE YOUR MOBILE DEVICE
- Using a VPN: AVPN stands for “Virtual Private Network” and describes the opportunity to establish a protected network connection when using public networks. With a VPN, a company can control network traffic while providing essential security features such as authentication and data privacy.
- Email security: To protect data from email-based cyber threats such as malware and phishing scams, organizations need to monitor email traffic effectively. Adequate email protection includes antivirus, antispam, image control and content control services.
- Strong security codes: Using a strong mobile pin or password would prevent external threats from gaining access into your computer. When generating mobile pins, make sure to use strong characters consisting of UPPERCASE, lowercase, symbols and special characters. While securing your device, secure your apps as well with a password, and antivirus software.
The need to protect our mobile device keeps growing everyday. Because they are easily seen and carried about, they need to be protected against external and internal threats. Having first hand knowledge would keep you informed, and vigilant when these attacks are about to happen.
We are Platview Technologies. We are an innovative and agile cybersecurity company with the goal of safe-guarding businesses with our world-class, industry-leading services and technology solutions. We commit to understanding your business objectives and goals to align a tailored security services and strategy allowing your business to grow without added security risk.